CATalunia and Reader Feedback...

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are back. We hope you all had an excellent Thanksgiving and are looking forward to an equally merry Christmas.
And now, can you guess what our lucky winner, for this season's song is? 
  "CATalunia!" 
No, do not applaud. My dear audience, we are sorry to say that there was a sorry lack of interest in our poll, so much so that our music expert (switched now to 'music lover') is one tiny bit discouraged. However, we hope to see more activity in future. For now, we did get a winner and we shall philosophize on that.

  Unfortuantely, for all the digging our music lover did, she could only come up with a little bit about this piece. But that is simply because there isn't much to tell.
  CATalunia, a French peice by the name of "Duetto Buffo di Due Gatti" (Humorous Duet for Two Cats) is often attributed to French composer Gioachino Rossini. However, it was most likely written as a compilation in 1825 which draws principally off of Rossini's 1816 opera, "Otello".  The compiler is thought to be Robert Lucas de Pearsall, who in this case adopted the pseudonym, G. Berthold.
 The piece is generally sung as an encore by two sopranos, though it has been done by a Soprano with either a Tenor or  a Bass.

  So there you have it. For your laughing benefit, we will share the song one more time with you , just in case you didn't listen to it in the first post, (Though if you did, it doesn't hurt to hear it again!) and please, we welcome, no we beg for your feedback.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, my dear readers, I really would like your feedback on this blog of mine, as this coming year, I would like to implement some changes, so please leave a comment about the following.
  What would you like to see more of on this blog?
  • Posts about my life
  • About composers
  • Popular music issures
  • Hymn Writers
  • Old hymns
  • Music Hystory 
  • Anything else I haven't thought of but you have!
I have also been contemplating doing giveaways; if I did, I'd be interested in knowing how many of you would participate!
  So the stage is yours, dear readers, what would you be interested in?

Christmas is Coming and the goose is getting fat...coming up next will be my annual twelve days of Christmas posts; stay tuned!

Share this:

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely would like to hear more about your life! Also music history would be fantastic. :) Giveaways would be great too - everyone loves those.
Miss you!
-Esther

Christianna Hellwig said...

Thanks Esther; I miss you too! ;)

Lisa Hellwig said...

Methinks, my dear, that Mr.Gioachino Rossini is no Frenchman! Italian to the core, as it the language you translated into English. As one of French heritage, I felt a need to defend my native language from being confused with that spoken on the Boot!

Looking forward to what you have in store for us this 12 days of Christmas!
Love you,
Mommy

Shiloh said...

That video is SO FUNNY!!!

Mary B said...

I love CATalunia! It is so funny. :D

Anonymous said...

I pretty much agree with Esther. I love music history! Giveaways would be awesome too!

We missed you and your mom at the Bible Bee this year!
-Benjamin Harbour

Christianna Hellwig said...

~ Thanks Benjamin. I will definitely keep that in mind...missed you all too! :)

~ Shiloh and Mary, thank you for commenting...it means a lot to me! ;)

~ And thanks to my mother for the clarification. I'm not sure how I got things mixed up this way, but Rossini was indeed an Italian composer, though he did compose a lot of music to French songs!

Allison McCurdy said...

I would love to hear more about what's going on in your life. So I pretty much agree with Esther.:)