He Is Not Here





            An empty tomb. That's what several women discovered; on the morning of the first day of the week. An open, empty tomb in which they had seen someone buried and to which the entrance had been sealed only two evenings ago. "He is not here." The angel tells them, I can hear the reproach in his tone, "Why do you seek for the living among the dead?"
     
            Nobody actually saw the resurrection. What we have is an empty tomb, and somehow that's one of the most beautiful pictures, Jesus could have left us with. So many times I have walked among graveyards, over church floors under which I know people are buried. So many times, I have read inscriptions and been struck by the aweful finality of death.

             An empty tomb is indeed a joyous thought. Someday, there will be many more empty graves, and mine will be one of them.

No human eye was there to see
When God raised up His Son for thee,
'Twas myst'ry grand and joy unknown
What happened early Easter morn.

No human eye was there to view,
God resurrect Christ's live anew,
What can you do but thank Him now,
Before his throne in worship bow.

With dread and trembling, those who say,
They saw the stone was rolled away,
The angel said, "Christ is not here,"
The women turned and fled with fear.

With full submission, all must praise,
The God who brought to men such grace,
When on that day no eye could see,
As God raised up His Son for Thee.

I'll leave you now with a song I think I've shared with you multiple times for Easter, but I just can't help it. It's such a magnificent song and so perfect for this glorious day. Maybe I'll just keep using it for Easter until I start getting complaints that it's been memorized simply from overposting. That would be one good service rendered to all my readers. :) 


       Happy Ressurection day, my friends. We serve a glorious God.

           By the by, I hope you've enjoyed the sudden influx of posts. I thought that since this is the only season in which I find myself attending a church service three times in the span of one week, it was only proper that I should do the same on this blog. I can only hope it won't be three months until I post again, but I make no promises.

      Until I write again, may God hold you in His hands.

              ~ Christianna

Share this:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog today. I am part of Lighthouse and homeschool both Sophie (whom you teach) and Julia. I've enjoyed reading your blog. It's so good to know that you enjoy music as much as we do. Sophie enjoys learning from you. Keep up the good work.

Christianna Hellwig said...

Hi, thanks so much for stopping by. Sophie is a delight to teach. Many thanks for the encouragement. :)