Now the year is over

As we come to the end of this year, it is wonderful to look back on how the Lord has led me and grown me spiritually.  And also to look forward to the ways in which I wish to trust and obey Him more this coming year. This year has been more of a testing year than I have ever really experienced in my short life of sixteen years, and I have felt the Lord's presence more this year, than ever, as a result.  I could list hundreds of ways, yes even thousands, in which the Lord has tested me and disciplined me this year, but I can also list just as many ways in which He has richly opened up the storehouses of heaven and poured down His blessings upon me. Indeed I look not on this past year with much sadness though I have shed more tears this year than usual, I look back on it with joy, knowing that " The Lord chasteneth those who fear Him and scourgeth every son whom He loves".  Yes I know that I am truly His, and because of this alone I am blessed beyond measure.
   Many songs come to my mind at this time. I have many I could post, but there is one song which is reminiscent of some of my struggles and states the joy of belonging to Christ. This is Fanny Crosby's beloved hymn, "Blessed Assurance".


Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

 

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

May all of you who read this have a God honoring new year. Soli Deo Gloria.

Share this:

0 comments: