A Few Four

           What is the heart of Christmas? Answers vary, I believe, but I think we can agree that love is at it's depths. It's part of the reason I hate the way people are trying to turn it into a day centered around Santa Claus and presents. It seems to be that we're losing, in that, most of the purpose of Christmas.

     The night love came down as a babe in a manger. Love, the most powerful force on earth. One that is neither idealistic or make-believe, and yet cannot be contacted with any of the physical senses. Love is the authority to which all others bow, the conqueror of the mightiest kings, the deadliest sins. Love; a word so easily turned on its head and made to mean something contemptible. A word which only begins to touch a reality too deep for any of us to truly comprehend.

      I don't think I have anything more to say on that score, so I'll give you your song now. You see, I've just been struck with a thought about the whole thing that I don't think I ever realized, but currently if I tried to vocalize it, I'm afraid you'd think me quite off my head so the above paragraphs will have to suit for the present. Let's just say I've been astounded afresh by the greatness God's love for us.

     Do take a moment and think on it as you listen to what I might call a 'musing' on the meaning of Christmas.

 God's love for us is so great, so all encompasing, how can we not follow where ever it leads!

     ~ Christianna

Share this:

1 comments:

Bridgette said...

Your post reminded me of a book I am reading: "Love Came Down at Christmas" by Sinclair Ferguson - it is really excellent so far. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9LPFRB/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1