One Heavenly Truth



Dear companions. As we close out yet another advent season, I want to encourage you all, along with myself, not to let the reality of "God With Us" slip away with the season. It's easy in this world of skeptics and mockers of the supernatural to take Christ's birth as only a symbol or a nice story. To keep it at arms length lest we be laughed at or not taken seriously.

      The fact is, in spite of today's declarations of relativity, everyone believes some sort of truth, and bows down to it. You will not find a person alive who doesn't believe fully and absolutely in something. So what will you believe in? Some people believe in themselves. For me, I've only found in myself a disappointing circus of failures. Some believe in money and physical wealth. I've found that in no way can wealth bring people together, or fill the void in someone's heart. Some believe in people, but people betray, kill, steal and commit such atrocities that tear apart rather than bind in healing. At some point or another, every single person I've ever known has let me down, disappointed me, betrayed me, or otherwise shown himself to be less than human. Still others turn to nature for salvation, but nature is a hard mistress which shows no pity to the broken, the weak, the powerless.

      In the end, only in God have I found a power capable of taming my stubborn heart, of pulling me outside myself, of helping me understand beautiful things, of giving me a reason to keep on keeping on. His power is real, and I can't demonstrate that to you by any scientific method, or quantify it with any sort of mathematical equation, but it's a power so real that I'd stake my life on it. I'd give up everything I own, everything on this earth I love rather than part with Christ. Maybe that sounds foolish to you, maniacal, even, but maybe that just proves just how real God is, especially those of you who know me as the coldly rational person that I am. I'm not afraid to say no. I scoff at airy theories, and it's rather difficult to scam me.

     Yet, what can I do but kneel before a power that transcends all others and a love that begets all true loves.

     This is the truth, the one, the only truth, my friends. I can't convince you through physical senses, but I hope that maybe, somewhere, if it hasn't already, God's truth will touch you tonight. For those of you who are in my boat, rejoice with me this lovely Christmas day as we celebrate God's glorious gift to mankind.

 
       This is indeed a wond'rous truth. Merry Christmas, my dear friends, and may God bless us, every one.

     ~ Christianna

Share this:

1 comments:

Bridgette said...

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed all the “new to me” songs as well.