Two Days and All Is Well

        We've all had hard things happen in our lives. I know I haven't had many trials to speak of, but still, I don't think any of can say we've led a painless life, untouched by the sin that ravages our world. This afternoon as I was reading the world magazine and getting myself tied up into a knot by all the crazy madness that is going on in this world of angst, I  suddenly had to lay it down and remind myself that it wasn't my job to worry about what every politician was scheming and what every country was plotting against its citizens. My job is to be faithful in the sphere in which God has put me. To do the best I can to water my own square of ground. To weed the garden plot over which I've been given oversight.

      Still, though, the cares of life just seem to always creep in nonetheless. I wonder sometimes, how we are able to actually have joy when we truly comprehend the sin and evil that is perpetrated every day on our planet. How can we say that all is well?

      We couldn't, not truly at least, until God's Son was born that night so many Christmases ago. Only when we received the precious gift of redemption, the fulfillment that everything would be made right, that was the moment when we could again lift our heads with true joy.

       It's a glorious thought, because, honestly, my friends, in order to keep going on in this difficult world, I have to know that things will come round right, that all will be well. And it is. Christ's birth made that possible.

      I never thought I'd be sharing a Michael Smith song, I'm not usually keen on his music, but this song, "All Is Well," is not only musically magnificent, but deeply true as well.




               

Christ has come, let's go tell the world that all is well.

     ~ Christianna

Share this:

1 comments:

Bridgette said...

Thanks for the reminder to be grateful over everything God has given me stewardship over and not to fear and worry.